Re: Google ads on debian.org

Stephen Frost wrote:
* Kim (kim@info.dk) wrote:

At first it was a good idear to post this question here but since yesterday nothing much productive has happened.

Without offending anyone it is a bit annoying to watch the same couple of people going on and on about this issue - leading to nowhere (according to my opinion).

You obviously havn't been on Debian lists very long...

:-) Might not seem that way but I have - several years.

If the persons in charge of making the final decision still is having doubt about it, I suggest a vote. This will clearly show how many is against and how many is for. So each member on the list has one vote by e-mail. Rather than making somekind of web vote this will provide the most "un-cheating" way.

The decision in this specific case was already made, quite a while ago
in fact.  The current discussion is, imv, larger and more interesting
and hasn't really been settled but we at least been able to identify the
specific point over which there is disagreement.  There's something of
an option at this point and that is to either try to convince the other
side through presentation of facts that they're wrong or to perhaps
bring it to a vote so all of Debian can weigh in on it, or just drop it
till it comes up again due to something else later. :)

To post the question at first was a good idear and it gave an opportunity for people to express their opinions.

Then I guess let me just say "some of us aren't quite done yet." :)

And thats cool, but it seems to me that the discussion has left the original area and has become a "one on one" discussion about something which really is a matter of different personal opinion than what concerns debian.

Not to sound all wrong - I just think it would be enough simply to express ones opinion regarding this issue and explain possible misunderstandings and thats it. The rest of the discussion is something which maybe should just go on personaly. I for one didn't find it productive.

What I got from the original question was kindda like a "express your opinions" and not a "debate your differences after you have expressed your opinions". :-))

Once again just to be on the safe side - not offending anyone :-)

_
Kim

	Stephen