Re: Possible violation of the Debian trademark

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 07:16:02PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Anyway, do you really want to persecute businesses who promote
> Debian to their customers?

What we want to avoid is having people use the Debian mark to
capitalize off the goodwill created by the Debian project to sell
their own service, support, servers, etc. and to reflect poorly upon
the project when they screw up.

A Debian-desktop domain name seems like it might incorrectly lead
people to this association. I have not checked the site out in any
detail but as long as the owner is being cooperative, I'm sure we can
work something out.

Regards,
Mako

--