Re: Possible violation of the Debian trademark

* Martin Loschwitz (madkiss@debian.org) [040412 00:55]:
> [debian-desktop.org]
>
> The name of one who registered the domain is "Martin Alfke". I thus wonder:
> Is the "tuxedo.ag" which actually runs the webserver behind the domain
> "debian-desktop.org" guilty of violating SPI's Debian Trademark? What
> are your thoughts on this?

I think you're right. We should not accept that someone use the Term
"Debian" and our logo for promoting his own services, especially as he
didn't provide any value to debian (at least as far as I could see).

Well, I don't know what the appropriate action is (and I especially
don't know about the legal status of our trademark in the different
countries), but - I think someone with more knowledge should do
something appropriate.

Cheers,
Andi
--