Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:26:47AM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> writes:
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 02:19:29AM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote:
2. Don't flirt with us just because we're women.

Impossible.  More than 90% of the worlds men use that as their chief
criteria for choosing who they flirt with.  Should Debian now exclude
all heterosexual men?

Do you flirt with each and every woman you meet? I don't and I think
none of my male friends do either.

Although I don't flirt with every woman I meet, I do flirt with the
women who interest me. Which has nothing to do with Erinns request that
no male ever flirt with a female on the #debian channel.

In a channel with 600 males and less than 5 females, it is inevitable
that at least one male will be at a point in life where he decides it is
worthwhile to flirt with a female who is interested in Debian.

We have a choice; we can treat the females like females, or we can treat
them like males.  Erinn seems to be saying she doesn't want to be
treated like a female, but I can guarantee, if you start treating her
like a male, she won't like that either.

I recommend to everyone to learn basic civility which means treating
women with politeness, and putting them on /ignore when they act
inappropriately.

Jonathan

--
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-951-4142 (between 7am and 10pm, PST)