Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:22:14AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > 	My wife also has been involved in Women in Science groups on
> >  three separate campuses across the country, and stories and
> >  experiences like this abound.
>
> ok.  Are there any Men in Science groups we can compare experiences with?

As a Man in Science (and the same field that Manoj's wife is in at that)
I can attest to this. I will not mention names, but in my relatively
short time in Biology I have seen a distinct difference in the way that
women are treated in both classrooms and labs wherever I've been. I've
personally had the good fortune to be in labs that were either headed by
women or were very friendly to women, but that doesn't mean that I
haven't heard stories.

You can plug your ears and shout "It's not real!" all you want, but that
doesn't make it so.

 - David Nusinow (who can't believe this discussion is really happening)