Re: Proposal - Free the Debian Open Use logo

On 2003-10-07 08:16:28 +0100 Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> wrote:
I don't read debian-legal, but I've read some of the messages
referenced from DWN. I don't agree.

It is very easy to write "I don't agree" but it is not an argument. I suggest you explain your reasons for not using this normal definition of software, else I will dismiss you as an irrational.

including the one where Bruce Perens clarified that the DFSG were
written to apply to everything in debian
Yeah, I saw that one. This means that we cannot include stuff like
software licenses in Debian, which in turn means that we cannot really
distributed Debian itself. Thus it's a void argument.

That does not follow. You seem to have some faulty assumption that you are not disclosing. Deduction of this absurdity should have alerted you to a problem with your reasoning.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at
PM 8+9 Oct: visit me @ AFFS on .ORG stand, at www.linuxexpo.org.uk