Re: Proposal - Free the Debian Open Use logo

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:16:28AM +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> > including the one where Bruce Perens clarified that the DFSG were
> > written to apply to everything in debian
>
> Yeah, I saw that one. This means that we cannot include stuff like
> software licenses in Debian, which in turn means that we cannot really
> distributed Debian itself. Thus it's a void argument.

Here you are committing the fallacy of assuming that there is no
difference between data and metadata.

[You have also failed to demonstrate that "software licenses" do not
comply with the DFSG. I don't think you can, because I don't think you
can demonstrate that copyright subsists in them at all, but that's
really beside the point]

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |