Re: Questions regarding Debians future

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 13:31:20 -0500, David J. Heinrich wrote:
...snip...
> > Also, I've recently taken an interest in the NSA's "SE Linux" and in
> > RTLinux.  Do the Debian developers plan to include any features --
> > particularly those from SE Linux -- in Debian?
>
> There are several SE Linux-related packages available, at least in
> "unstable":
> libselinux-dev - Development files for NSA SE-Linux
> selinux - Management utilities for NSA Security Enhanced Linux
> selinux-policy-default - Policy config files and management for NSA Security Enhanced Linux
> libselinux-dev - Development files for NSA SE-Linux

Really ? I thought that SE-linux was NoN free software.
There has been some articles concerning NSA patenting of the security
layers in SE linux, and Alan Cox wrote Just the other day in LKML that
SE-linux  could only bee of public use out side the US.
That's how I interpreted what he said at least .

/regards Daniel Mose.