Re: Install

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 05:57:58PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> was heard to say:
> Previously Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   aptitude does exactly the same thing, but no-one has added new
> > packages to the archive in the last 24 hours or so.  If I can trust
> > the wnpp list, that will change later today.
>
> Different concept of new, I suspect Andreas meant dselect's definition
> of new which is `newly introduced or updated since the last time you ran
> dselect'.

  That's what I meant, too. [0]  Well, updated packages are separated and
listed as "Upgradable", but dselect does that as well.

  Daniel

  [0] well, it's really "new since the last time [1] you cleared the list of
  new packages, unless you told it to clear that list every time you
  quit", but that's a mouthful.

  [1] The first time you start the program, no packages are marked as
  "new", because marking every package as "new" would be useless.

|                    "Do you know why the prisoner in the                     |
|                     tower watches the flight of birds?"                     |
|                      -- Terry Pratchett, _Reaper_Man_                       |