Re: Install

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 09:46:13AM +0200, "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de> was heard to say:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> >   Generally I don't plug aptitude much, but this is just flat-out wrong.
> > aptitude handles new packages much better than dselect (IMO), and has
> > since day 2.
> Hmmm, just wanted to give aptitude another try ...
> Dselect presents you a list of all packages which are first seen in
> the packages cache on the top of the selection list.  Thus I have a very
> quick overview of all *new* packages which entered the archive.
>
> Could you explain how to get this view in aptitude.  I guess it has this
> functionality - but I failed to find it.

  aptitude does exactly the same thing, but no-one has added new
packages to the archive in the last 24 hours or so.  If I can trust
the wnpp list, that will change later today.

  Daniel

|                 He was the kind of man who can use                          |
|                 the word "personnel" and mean it.                           |
|                  -- Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantastic_                  |
\------- Listener-supported public radio -- NPR -- http://www.npr.org --------/