Re: Install

Michael Beattie <mjb@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:11:54PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
>> I strongly recommend you try aptitude. (From woody, not potato -- it was
>> work in progress back then.)
>
> Don't. aptitude cant do some things (with my short look, prove me
> wrong), such as displaying new packages as a group.

It does that by default. The top level categories are:

--- New Packages
--- Upgradable Packages
--- Installed Packages
--- Not Installed Packages
--- Obsolete and Locally Created Packages
--- Virtual Packages
--- Tasks

You can also choose wether to forget which packages are new when updating the
package list and/or installing new packages, as well as forget them
manually.

--
ilmari