Re: [nm-admin] Identification step in the current scheme (Re: Fear the new maintainer process)

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:07:24PM -0400, Gopal Narayanan wrote:

> If you absolutely can't get hold of a scanner, take a (analog) photo
> of your ID, have it developed in any number of online places or your
> next-door photo shop, that would give you a CDROM with all your
> photos.. Sheesh.

Sure, it's just that we shouldn't blithely be saying "and now you need
to do ..." without realising the difficulties that are involved.  It's
not only reasonable but important that we require new maintainers to
jump through some hoops but we do need to make sure that these hoops
achieve a useful purpose.

As far as this one goes, I'm not sure either way.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/