Re: Stop Debian/FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 10:06:18PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> The fact that SPI will not make it proprietary does not prevent it
> from becoming so.  The BSD license permits it.  And people have, and
> continue to, exploit this weakness in the BSD license.

Well, which parts of Debian GNU/FreeBSD would differ from Debian GNU/Linux?
The package manager and other native Debian tools would be the same,
and they're all GPL, so they're safe. The kernel would be different,
but anybody can already proprietarize that if they want to; same for
the kernel-specific utilities.

So I can't see what can be "stolen" from Debian GNU/FreeBSD
that isn't already available to anyone who wants it.

Hamish