Re: Proposal: incremental release process (the package pool)

On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 07:40:08PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> It also means finding some way of choosing which packages should be in
> which Packages file. Currently we use dpkg-scanpackages and physically
> move files around (ie, this is yet more scripts to be written).

Of course. But this is not a show stopper.

Indeed, it is possible to extend such a script to create distributions on
the fly, because creating a new distribution is cheap (creating a new
packages file), where it was expensive earlier (creating a new symlink
tree).

Thanks,
Marcus

--
"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>