Re: Submitting fixes to ptouch-driver

Hi Philip,

Le vendredi, 17 avril 2015, 00.12:35 Philip Pemberton a écrit :
> I found a working email address for the original maintainer, and
> contacted him regarding that. Here's my message and his response:
>
> >> Are you still maintaining the P-touch printer driver located at
> >> http://www.diku.dk/hjemmesider/ansatte/panic/P-touch/ ?
> >>
> >> I ask because I've fixed a number of bugs (my patches are on
> >> https://bitbucket.org/philpem/printer-driver-ptouch/commits ) in
> >> the Ubuntu and Debian packaged versions, and would like to try and
> >> get my fixes merged into a future release of the driver.
> >
> > No, unfortunately I don’t have the time. It would be nice to see it
> > maintained, though, so anyone interested in doing so is very
> > welcome. Your patches would probably be a good start.
>
> So it appears "fork and fix" is the way to go with this.

I disagree: my reading of his answer would rather direct me to "takeover
and fix": re-use the name, offer a new home (GitHub, whatever), start
making releases, ask the author to redirect from his homepage to yours.

> Suggestions for an alternate name would be gratefully received

By all means, unless the upstream author refuses (which he doesn't
appear to), please re-use the same name!

Looking forward to these new releases!

Cheers,
OdyX