Submitting fixes to ptouch-driver

Hi,

I've been working on a number of fixes to ptouch-driver, which are
currently hosted in a Mercurial repository on Bitbucket:

  https://bitbucket.org/philpem/printer-driver-ptouch/commits

These commits (everything past "update tags") are enough to get the
driver to work with my system (admittedly this is Ubuntu 14.10, though I
can set up a Debian VM fairly quickly). I've tested with two printers: a
QL-500 and a PT-2450DX.

At this point the only thing I can't test is a QL-series printer with an
auto cutter, as I don't have one available. Ideally, the driver needs
two more tweaks to make it "perfect", but in its current state it's usable:
  * Remove the "determined by page size" option from "roll-fed media"
  * Remove the "Advance Media" option; "Advance at the end of the job"
is the only option which generates valid feed control codes.
  * Do a bit of work with Quilt so that a source package can be built too.

I'd like to find someone with a QL-series printer with an auto-cutter to
test that functionality (print a few labels to check that auto-cut works
on QL series printers for single and multiple labels), and then I'd like
to look at getting my changes reviewed and included in Debian. How do I
go about doing that?

I suspect I need to submit patches; is there a preferred format for these?

I also noticed there was a Git repository on Alioth for this package;
would some form of Git export be preferred to patches?

Thanks,
--
Phil.
lists@philpem.me.uk