Re: Seeking for help with Debian 11 (2022-03-28 image) - can't install GRUB

Thanks for the suggestion! But... hmm... well.. I  tried to output it to my home dir and also tried copying the whole install directory to the desktop and also my home directory, but it keeps on saying I don't have permission... So my guess is it looks like I don't actually have read permission to do anything with that "install" directory..

On 2022-10-14 02:22, Ben Westover wrote:
On 10/13/22 7:19 PM, vavagoga wrote:
Oh yeah, I have found it in /var/log/installer, thanks for the tip!

But, when I try to compress it - it says: permission denied.. hmm.. why
is that? Is ther any work around for that?
You don't have permission to write to that directory. Tell tar to output
somewhere else, like your home directory, with -C.

--
Ben Westover