Re: Seeking for help with Debian 11 (2022-03-28 image) - can't install GRUB

An update about my problem with GRUB..

After wiping up disk and PRAM reset I was able to install GRUB, but it doesn't boot... If I start G5 when pressing "option" button it then shows GNU icon as boot option, but it's not booting from there - when I click it screen refreshes and nothing happens...

Are there any steps I could take to fix it somehow?..

(BTW "Select and Install Software" didn't install properly this time either, but it was the closest to finish I ever got - it failed at 94% this time)

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks!

On 2022-10-06 00:44, Ben Westover wrote:
Hello,

On October 5, 2022 5:37:35 PM EDT, vavagoga <vavagoga@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey there!

I've been advised by kaiser.friedrich on youtube to join this list for more detailed help with my problem..

I am trying to install Debian on my old G5, but installation always fail during "Select and install software" and then also during GRUB installation.. Maybe I am missing something during installation? (It seems straightforward, but fails nevertheless)
Can you provide any specific errors or logs?

Thanks,
--
Ben Westover