Re: Current status on grub-installer on PowerMac

On 4/16/21 9:29 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
Because I am starting to question my sanity. If you're showing me that arch-detect
is detecting the machine correctly and you used the latest image which I tested
myself on real hardware, then it's not possible that the partioner will use
the wrong layout.

Well bear in mind that last night's install would have been running under an Old World (-M g3beige)
machine as that was before I realised from your comments this morning that the new functionality
was restricted to New World machines.

Well, that was an important missing piece of information.

Sorry :( As I mentioned before the old installer worked fine on both QEMU machines, and since David reported that his -M mac99 installation failed then I figured the problem was elsewhere.

ATB,

Mark.