Re: Updated installer images 2020-12-02

On 12/28/20 7:31 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> On 12/28/20 1:53 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> Well, it's broken at the moment and I will fix that within the
>> next days.
>
> what are you going to fix? the glibc issue you say shouldn't matter.

The glibc issue prevents me from using my personal test machine which is
an iBook G4 on which I install the 32-bit powerpc port.

I have 64-bit G5 machines but they are located in the university basement
at the moment. The iBook G4 is much more handy to use.

> Here, the steps are much more detailed and all of them succeeded, including
> partition, formatting (of course, since then everything installed) but also
> the GRUB installation!
>

> The only small thing is that I enabled non-free and then there are warnings
> since the repository doesn't have it, but it was to be expected.

Why did you enable it then?

> Yet at the end, no apparent important errors, not even noticeable at any step
> in console, the request of reboot yields a flashing OS folder.

You should try to install one of the Yaboot images to make sure there is no problem
with your machine.

> Out of curiosity, on GRUB machines, does OpenFirmware detecht the partition(s) as
> bootable? that is, holding down "option" at boot does show something? here not.
> I just get the two buttons "research" and start, but no disk.

No idea.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz