Re: Updated installer images 2020-12-02

Hi Adrian,

On 12/28/20 1:53 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Well, it's broken at the moment and I will fix that within the
next days.

what are you going to fix? the glibc issue you say shouldn't matter.

I did another interesting thing. I run the "expert installation" of the most current snapshot you mentioned in the thread.

Here, the steps are much more detailed and all of them succeeded, including partition, formatting (of course, since then everything installed) but also the GRUB installation!

The only small thing is that I enabled non-free and then there are warnings since the repository doesn't have it, but it was to be expected.

Yet at the end, no apparent important errors, not even noticeable at any step in console, the request of reboot yields a flashing OS folder.

Out of curiosity, on GRUB machines, does OpenFirmware detecht the partition(s) as bootable? that is, holding down "option" at boot does show something? here not. I just get the two buttons "research" and start, but no disk.

Riccardo