Re: Updated installer images 2020-12-02

On 12/27/20 2:39 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Unfortunately, it does not work for me, the installation step of the bootloader
> fails. hfsutils is not found (package missing on the CD?) thus I suppose newfs
> of the grub partition fails and the step aborts, I have seen that in some other
> of the many images I tried.

You are confusing hfsprogs and hfsutils. The former is actually missing on the FTP
server.

> - download hfsutils (a compatible version with May 30)

You need to install hfsprogs manually from here:

- powerpc:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-archive/20190328T105444Z/debian/pool/main/h/hfsprogs/hfsprogs_332.25-11_powerpc.deb

- ppc64:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20131024T131048Z/pool-ppc64/main/h/hfsprogs/hfsprogs_332.25-11_ppc64.deb

The package is currently not installable because Debian Ports has no support for
non-free at the moment. Something that I cannot change but the Debian Ports FTP
admins can change.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz