Re: ofpath vs ofpathname vs grub-ofpathname

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 07:28:37AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 4/17/20 1:18 AM, Michael Cree wrote:
> > There was no forgetting; only a misreading of the original message
> > when skim-reading due to being in a hurry.  You have a habbit of
> > making negative assumptions of people who are only trying to help
> > which is, frankly, not appreciated.
>
> Not sure how asking whether you may have forgotten to switch the branch a
> negative assumption. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do when I
> have doubts about the test result.

The bit about "has the appearance of..." was fine.  I agree that it did
have that appearance.  It was following it up with "didn't you?" which
was both unnecessary and an untrue accusation.  In NZ English that
phrase is often used very negatively of people and maybe I have a
heightened sensitivity to it because of that.

> There is no bad intention implied,

Good to hear.

> just a potential language barrier
> of me not being a native speaker of the English language.

And even if you were a native speaker the problem remains.  I quickly
discovered in the early days of being online that one has to be very
careful not to use sarcasm in the presence of the citizens of a
certain English speaking nation as they completely misunderstand it
and think it is being mean!  Sigh...

Now, getting back to being on-topic for this email list:

> Now, the only test I would like to see is whether ofpath sees a difference
> between "sda" and "sdb" because apparently, Romain got identical paths
> with ofpathname for both his disks.

I only have one disk in my G5.  I do have some spare disks about the
place and could put another one in to test, but at this point I will
wait a bit to see if anyone else can easily run this test first.

Cheers,
Michael.