More testing and pending updated installation images

(Resent with a fixed subject)

Hi!

I have updated the powerpc-utils and grub-installer packages on powerpc
and ppc64 with preliminary patches by Frank Scheiner and me to fix
the installation of GRUB on Apple's Power Mac machines.

Currently, I'm waiting for the local mirror on the Debian CD building
machine to resync after a new kernel package happened to be uploaded
to Debian unstable today.

While I'm unable to build images until the resync has completed, anyone
is invited to report back tests with the updated ofpathname script
from the powerpc-utils package and compare it with the results from
the ofpath script from the Yaboot package.

If you don't have Yaboot installed anymore, you can still retrieve the
ofpath script by extracting it manually after downloading the Yaboot
package from snapshot.debian.org:

# wget http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20160607T104140Z/pool/main/y/yaboot/yaboot_1.3.17-4_powerpc.deb
# dpkg-deb -x yaboot_1.3.17-4_powerpc.deb tmp
# cd tmp/usr/sbin/

Run ofpath like this and report back the output of both ofpath and
the updated ofpathname for various disks and partitions:

# ./ofpath /dev/sda
# ./ofpath /dev/sda1
# ./ofpath /dev/sdb
# ./ofpath /dev/sdb1

And compare with:

# ofpathname /dev/sda
# ofpathname /dev/sda1
# ofpathname /dev/sdb
# ofpathname /dev/sdb1

and so on.

Report any errors or deviations you are seeing and paste the output
verbatim, i.e. copy and paste.

Currently, I'm interested in drives connected over IDE, SATA, SCSI
and USB. I have done anything for Firewire yet.

Once I'm able to build images again, they will show up on the CD
mirror, hopefully tomorrow.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz