Re: Debootstrap Error : Couldn't find these debs: debian-ports-archive-keyring-udeb

On 5/2/19 4:53 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 5/2/19 9:21 AM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
On 5/2/19 2:59 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 5/2/19 4:16 AM, Dennis Clarke wrote:

Using the 24th April 2019 ppc64 netinst image on a PowerMac G5 quad
I see :
Which has a big "00_IMAGES_BROKEN" at the top of the folder.

OKay.  So that is the special secret flag that says "THESE INSTALL IMAGES DO NOT WORK AND DO NOT TRY THEM" ?

Can you please do :

touch "THESE_INSTALL_IMAGES_DO_NOT_WORK_AND_DO_NOT_TRY_THEM"

in that directory ?   Just to save hours of lost time doing the dl
and the CDROM burn and the boot and config stages.

Please note that these all these images are always considered to be
just snapshots, they can always suffer from regressions. I also
intentionally didn't announce the images for 2019-04-24 for this
reason.

I understand the frustration, but we're currently introducing a lot of
changes to debian-installer and debian-cd for Debian Ports and it would
be better for this to settle before doing any new tests.

OKay well ... this works great : ppc64 NETINST 20190420-06:38

I just did another install with it.

I will announce new images once they are ready. I have my own iBook G4
set up for testing now, so I can make sure the images pass the minimum
quality standards.

Well you're doing great things.  Wish I could test sparc as I have
plenty of that laying around. Even newer stuff just laying around.

Also ... funny thing.  I tend to test stuff with edge case type options
just to kick the tires.  So I tried a partition table layout like so :

This is an overview of your currently configured partitions and mount
points. Select a partition to modify its settings (file system, mount
point, etc.), a free space to create partitions, or a device to
initialize its partition table.

    Guided partitioning
    Configure software RAID
    Configure the Logical Volume Manager
    Configure encrypted volumes
    Configure iSCSI volumes

    SCSI3 (0,0,0) (sdb) - 500.1 GB ATA Hitachi HDS72505
    >      #1     32.3 kB                    Apple
    >      #2     20.0 MB  B  K  boot        untitled
    >      #3     96.0 GB     F  ext4        root      /
    >      #4    128.0 GB     F  ext4        local     /usr/local
    >      #5     32.0 GB     F  swap        swap      swap
    >      #6     96.0 GB     F  ext4        home      /home
    >      #7     96.0 GB     F  ext4        opt       /opt
    >      #8      4.0 GB     F  ext2        boot      /boot
    >      #9     16.0 GB     F  ext4        temp      /tmp
    >     #10     32.1 GB     F  ext4        source    /usr/local/src
    >             25.1 kB        FREE SPACE

Cool ... that all proceeds fine during install but it never created a
filesystem on /dev/sda10 and thus at first boot the system dropped to
emergency mode prompt and would not boot. The entry in /etc/fstab was
borked for /dev/sda10.  There was no uuid data.

So I manually created the filesystem, edited /etc/fstab and everything
went along fine.  Maybe the loop for processing the partitions and
filesystems is limited to a single numerical char at the end of the
/dev/sdaX type string?  Who knows.  Just a bit odd.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC