Request for a Debian CD logo - was: Re: Sorry for the noise...

On 5/1/19 11:50 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> And last but not least, the most important impact: When started from the
>> internal optical drive (or any other supported boot device by the Open
>> Firmware OS Picker, i.e. holding the option key at the chime to see the
>> directly supported boot options), you'd get to see a nice Debian
>> GNU/Linux logo for the installer. This is something that seems not less
>> important to me as well... ;-)
>
> The GRUB rescue ISO that I created actually showed the GNU logo on my
> iBook G4 and the ISO also contains "ppc/bootinfo.txt" which seems to
> be a CHRP-BOOT script containing the bitmap logo.

I just had another thought on this: If you want, you can actually go ahead
and create a Debian bitmap for us to be integrated into debian-cd, similar
to what GRUB does for the rescue CD.

The bitmap needs to go into the chrp-boot script [1] which is used during
build. The current bitmap just seems to be a plain white/black block but
if you have look at the default script [2] that GRUB uses for the rescue CD
generated with grub-mkrescue, you see there is actually a nice GNU logo
visible.

So, if anyone wants to put a Debian Swirl in there, I'm happy to include
it. And since I can already confirm that the logo shows in the selection
menu of my iBook G4 when booting the rescue CD from [3], we can be sure
the Debian Swirl would work, too.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz