Re: installing NETINST 20190127 on Mac mini G4

> On Jan 28, 2019, at 1:55 AM, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
>
>> {2} Would it be possible to have “install yaboot boot loader” be an
>> option on the main menu — parallel to “install grub bootloader”?
>> That would be less daunting for beginners who don’t have our level of
>> initiation into the Debian arcana.
> Adrian wrote in [1] that this is due to the purge of powerpc from the
> Debian archive. So this might be reenabled later on. Though it won't
> work anymore, if the bootstrap method is changed as proposed by me. But
> the manual procedure (together with manual partitioning) will still work
> AFAICS if someone depends on HFS as bootstrap.
>
> [1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2019/01/msg00127.html

I realize that this may require some programming, but would it be possible
to have it ask a question early on (maybe at or before the beginning of
partitioning) requesting the user to choose between yaboot and grub?  Then
the partitioner would automatically create the necessary partition(s) and
“install boot loader” would automatically install the chosen boot loader
conditioned on the answer to the question…

Are there other architectures where something like this might be useful?

Just a thought,
Rick