Re: powerpc NETINST 20190124-23:05 "No installable kernel was found" installing on Mac mini G4

Dear Adrian, Rick,

On 1/27/19 4:16 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
I decided to “continue without installing a kernel” in hopes that I could get one from the network repo later on.

When it came time to choose a network repo, I had no success trying to tell it that
     mirror protocol:  http
     mirror         :  ftp.ports.debian.org
     directory      :  /debian-ports/

@Rick:
Was (1) the information just not accepted or (2) was there no dialogue
option to enter that information?

@Adrian:
choose-mirror seems to have regressed in some way that it doesn't work anymore even with
the correct mirror data.

But the corresponding file hasn't been touched since 2017 (see [1]). Why
did it then work with older images (tested working both in normal and
expert installation mode with the images from 2018-05-18 for both
powerpc and ppc64 during development of my recent patches for
d-i/grub-installer)?

[1]:
https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/choose-mirror/commits/master/mirrorlist

Cheers,