Re: powerpc NETINST 20190124-23:05 "No installable kernel was found" installing on Mac mini G4

On 1/27/19 1:04 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> @Adrian:
>> choose-mirror seems to have regressed in some way that it doesn't work anymore even with
>> the correct mirror data.
>
> But the corresponding file hasn't been touched since 2017 (see [1]). Why
> did it then work with older images (tested working both in normal and
> expert installation mode with the images from 2018-05-18 for both
> powerpc and ppc64 during development of my recent patches for
> d-i/grub-installer)?

Just have a look at the log file entry when the step to add the mirror
fails. It says that the distribution "sid" cannot be found in the release
file. It might just be a matter of updating the regular expression which
checks the release name.

I recommend always checking the log file when a step fails while running
debian-installer. It's much better than just guessing ;-).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz