Re: powerpc NETINST 20190124-23:05 "No installable kernel was found" installing on Mac mini G4

Hi Rick,

On 1/27/19 13:38, Rick Thomas wrote:
Hi Frank,

On Jan 27, 2019, at 4:04 AM, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:

Dear Adrian, Rick,

On 1/27/19 4:16 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
I decided to “continue without installing a kernel” in hopes that I could get one from the network repo later on.

When it came time to choose a network repo, I had no success trying to tell it that
     mirror protocol:  http
     mirror         :  ftp.ports.debian.org
     directory      :  /debian-ports/

@Rick:
Was (1) the information just not accepted or (2) was there no dialogue
option to enter that information?

The information was accepted but it never seemed to get into the target’s sources.list.

Strange, I wonder what was changed since 2018-05-18 that only affects
Debian Ports - or maybe it affects all of Debian and nobody noticed
earlier, as usually for supported architectures people would just choose
 a specific mirror close to them instead of manually entering the
required information, I assume.