Re: issue booting CD iso on iBook G4

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

I tried booting of from the USB, but I don't know where to get the system yaboot.conf from

now I have an installed systen (I hope) but cannot boot it.

My idea was to do the same USB trick again, but on the ard disk, thus doing:

1. boot usb1/disk@1:,\install\yaboot
2. conf device=hd file=/yaboot.conf
3. remove USB key
4. /boot/vmlinux

It starts booting, however it ends with a kernel panic because of no mounted file system...

I thus think that something is not correctly installed!

I am doing a second installation attempt right now, keeping the original parittions but reformatting them; but...

Riccardo