Re: Some 'required' packages broken for powerpcspe port

David Kuehling wrote:
One thing that's worth mentioning, if the GNU ld patches that
Sebastian proposed got fully merged then any patches solely fixing
"lwsync" issues are no longer really relevant.  Specifically, GNU ld
now autoconverts "lwsync" into the appropriate "msync" instruction
when assembling code in e500 mode.
I dropped it since it was done by as already.

I don't find any lwsync code in the eglibc patches.  Only a #ifdef to
replace eieio with mbar on powerpcspe.  Are these mnemonics nowadays
auto-replaced, too?  You're sure that the conversion is done by 'ld',
not by 'as'?
Yes, this is also fixed by as.

The only thing that is left should be an ifdef on SOFT_FLOAT or something
that used around fpr opcodes. This has to stay.

BTW had to throw in another patch that fixes an issue with the
's_fma.c'.
This could be new.

Ok this goes a little beyond my experience with Debian development.
Will take some time to figure out.  I'll start with setting up a
buildd, a little redundancy can't hurt.

Awesome, good luck!

With the broken state of the archives this will take some time.  May
have to downgrade my system or hand-install packages.  Not even
'schroot' currently installs due to dependency problems :/

I could upload my chroot by end of the week. Is this helpful?

cheers,

David

Sebatian