Re: Some 'required' packages broken for powerpcspe port

On Jul 04, 2011, at 05:31, David Kuehling wrote:
> "Kyle" == Kyle Moffett <Kyle.D.Moffett@boeing.com> writes:
>> I would try to forward-port the eglibc patches from the "unreleased"
>> repo to the latest sid version and file new bugs (or update existing
>> ones and pester the maintainers).
>
> Looks like this part is rather trivial.  You still have 2 short patches,
> both of which have not gone to eglibc upstream nor into debian sid (as
> far as I can see, eglibc.org is currently down).
>
> I'll file bug reports and send you the fixed source package, once it's
> tested.

I'm having no problems getting to eglibc.org right now, is it still down
for you? (I see it at 38.113.113.104, with no IPv6)

One thing that's worth mentioning, if the GNU ld patches that Sebastian
proposed got fully merged then any patches solely fixing "lwsync" issues
are no longer really relevant.  Specifically, GNU ld now autoconverts
"lwsync" into the appropriate "msync" instruction when assembling code
in e500 mode.

> Ok this goes a little beyond my experience with Debian development.
> Will take some time to figure out.  I'll start with setting up a buildd,
> a little redundancy can't hurt.

Awesome, good luck!

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett