Re: fresh install of squeeze cannot compile alsa

Hmm. I guess, according to that document, they dropped alsaconf because it rarely helped, and often made things worse. That seems to call for a disclaimer, rather than dropping the package, particularly since it has always worked for me, and indeed is the only thing. I suppose I'll need to make a copy of lenny's alsa-utils.deb before it disappears.

N.B. mpg321 works fine on my g3 ibook, after running alsaconf

just magically worked.  However, with the release of squeeze, alsaconf is
missing.  I don't know why:

Read /usr/hare/doc/alsa-utils/changelog.Debian.gz

Elimar
--
 Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
        Friedrich Nietzsche