Re: Disk screwed up with ybin

You could use the Live-CD System Rescue CD.  It contains smartctl and a
number of others.  Please note that it runs on Intel processor.  The PPC
version is very old.  But if you have the disk in an enclosure and
access to an Intel processor PC then you can easily plug the enclosure
with problem disk into the PC and work the tools on the System Rescue CD.