Re: Squeeze on Lombard

Hi,

Looks like the problem is somehow related to hal. If I stop it
(/etc/init.d/hal stop), the machine remains usable (some functionality
probably lacking). Otherwise it 99% hangs after some minutes,
typically during the post-processing phase of aptitude install. I
managed to run aptitude safe-upgrade to squeeze. During the upgrade,
hal (hald-addon storage) got restarted, and I had to stop it manually,
which was quite painful but succeeded with ssh.

Risto