Re: PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) sound

I tried today's (4/13/11) Daily Build #5, that uses the installer build from Sid
on my 533MHz PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) and guess what?  The sound worked.  I
was able to adjust the volume and set a sound theme.  The correct device for
this machine, PowerMac Tumbler (Alsa mixer), had been installed.  I checked
under /etc/modprobe.d and no files were blacklisted except snd-aoa in
blacklist.local.conf.

Some serious bugs, though.  First of all, during the boot process the machine
hung at login.  I had to unplug and replug my USB keyboard to get it going
again.  Secondly, the CD-ROM drive is not recognized ("eject" in terminal gives
me "unable to open /dev/hdc") so I can't tell if it will play a music CD or not.
Pushing the manual eject button on the machine gives me about 1 second before
the tray shuts again.

Some progress, though.

Tom