Re: A short tutorial on running GRUB2 on a PPC

On 4/3/11, Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 11:40:14AM -0400, Super Bisquit wrote:
>> It is neither abusive nor unhelpful. His idea won't work.
>> He is wrong on many points.
>
> It does not matter that he may have been wrong.  People are wrong all
> the time.
>
> Understand this: you were both abusive and unhelpful.  And you should
> apologise for that, because it was totally unwarranted.
Unhelpful? No. I speak from experience on using other operating
systems on PowerMac equipment.
Rude? No. Crass and brash and rough? Yes.
But, since you thought such: My apologies if my delivery was too strong.

> Criticism is fine, so long as it is constructive.  You were not
> constructive.  Did you thank him for spending his time investigating
> GRUB2 on openfirmware and writing up his findings, and point out any
> unintentional inaccuracies or omissions?  No.  You did not.  You were
> rude and aggressive, and did not provide any helpful information to
> actually result in any technical improvements which would benefit us.
>
>> Wrong information on any mailing list is wrong information.
>> Debian and linux is not the world when it comes to alternative
>> operating systems.
>>
>> There is no simple way to give an answer unless he actually uses the
>> other operating systems.
>
> You are posting on a Debian list.  Whether GRUB2 can boot other
> systems was not part of the discussion, and is not relevant to the
> purpose of debian-powerpc which is, obviously, focussed on Debian
> on the powerpc architecture.  If GRUB2 doesn't boot on BSD systems
> on powerpc then feel free to fix that, but it's not remotely on topic.

Install any of the other operating systems to a Powermac and see if
such will work. It won't.
You are being selectively ignorant thinking that the solutions for
Linux will work for all operating systems and not doing testing
yourself.