Re: A short tutorial on running GRUB2 on a PPC

I have had libfreevec (clibrary replacement) installed on my g4 powerbook for several years with no problems, upgrading in place from etch to lenny to squeeze. but I have not tried to build apps against it.

gcc has very good auto-vectoring since 4.3 or 4.4 so you don't need to hand code. Some limited tests here show 2-3 times speedups.

nevertheless the rebuild process is so painful (especially by my lonesome) for debian and so painless for netBSD that I am planning a ground up build of the latter as soon as 6.0 comes out (they are a bit slower in the compiler updates).

Brian