Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release - power5 installation report

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Gary Driggs <gdriggs@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have access to the Lenny installer source, it was able to correctly
> set up my yaboot.conf for a successful install of Squeeze. Thank you for
> working on this. I've access to G3 & G4 Macs if you want testing on some of
> those as well once you get the 32-bit pieces in place.

Unfortunately I'm not well-trained enough to find why Yaboot didnt
setup yaboot.conf :( But, I dont think the reason is the difference
between version 1.3.13a1 and 1.3.16.
First, I want to solve the "ioctl32(nvsetenv:10901)" error, maybe a
custom kernel helps. I found that the amd64 port also met this
problem: http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/10/msg00526.html
I hope it will also solve yaboot's setup.

Until that, you can try a new iso soon. 32bit and smp kernels are
added and also ehea nic module included for 64bit. I started writing a
changelog file to know what's happening in new releases.

Unfortunately, I cannot test new features as qemu with this
port/kernel/cputype doesnt work.

Regards,
Zsombor