Re: Where is libxfconf-0?

    >> You may not need to upgrade the whole system to sid but you may
    >> be able to upgrade that package alone or more probably, xfce.

    Shawn> I finally found time to try your suggestion (which means I
    Shawn> finally found time to backup my data and not create anything
    Shawn> new for a while) but now it wants another library not listed
    Shawn> in lenny.  I may have to go with sid, or perhaps Xubuntu
    Shawn> still it's built on sid but is a little more stable.

I would strongly suggest reading about apt pinning, e.g.

http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

and any other docs search engines throw at you. Then set up your
preferences file, and use 'apt-get install -t unstable pkgname' or
'apt-get install pkgname/unstable' etc., examine the package list you
get and if it is "acceptable" to you, go for it (for me "acceptable"
would be not more than a dozen packages pulled in....).

Cheers!
Shyamal