Re: PowerPC 8500??

On Sep 9, 2009, at 2:09 AM, Brad Boyer wrote:

I went and looked on the Apple support downloads web site (which is
at http://support.apple.com/downloads/) and saw a link to "Older
Software Downloads" (http://support.apple.com/kb/TA48312? viewlocale=en_US)
which appears to have page after page of old stuff, including System 6
and most of the versions of System 7 (looks like all but 7.6).

Good catch - I missed that page, but I just looked closely at it, and didn't see any base OS downloads. Everything seems to be a point release update/upgrade - which requires the major release - which isn't on that site. It looks like this page has everything Apple released for free but nothing (OS at least) that was sold (or included with new machines).

Frank

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire