Re: PowerPC 8500??

Following up ...

On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Rogério Brito wrote:

Others may suggest you to boot into MacOS (the classic version, not
MacOS X), use BootX and then load Linux.

I have old copies of MacOS 8 & 9, so the BootX and load Linux looks like a good starting point for me.

It seems that a version of MacOS 7.x can be downloaded legally somewhere
from Apple's site (please, if you go that route, it would be a good
thing if you posted the link here to the list).

I looked around the apple site, and couldn't find any Pre-OS X downloads - there may be an archive somewhere, but I couldn't find it. However, a couple of people in the Apple Legacy Software Support Forums had pointers to http://www.macintoshgarden.org/apps/operating- systems . I have never used it and have no idea as to it's legal status, but it sure has lots of old MacOS versions.

Frank

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire