Re: installing debian on an: Apple PowerBook G4 550 (Gigabit - Ti)

2009/9/3 sergio sevillano <sergiosevillano.mail@gmail.com>:
> Stefan Monnier escribió:
>
> Can i get to the console from yaboot?
>

> Normally, you can do that by specifying the runlevel from the
> yaboot prompt.  Basically if you normally type "linux" to boot your
> kernel, try "linux 1" or "linux single".
>

>         Stefan
>

> ok im back to the console
> now i should configure, right?
>
> i have xorg installed
>
> apt-get xorg-video-raedon   or
> apt-get xerver-xorg-video-raedon
> gives me a:  cant find package answer

you typed it wrongly, it is *radeon*, take a look at:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=radeon

> i have /etc/X11/xorg.conf  empty.
> someone said to copy it from
> http://theapt.org/openbsd/xorg.conf
>
> how is this done without typing everything?

# cd /tmp

# wget http://theapt.org/openbsd/xorg.conf

# cp /tmp/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Just to be clear, it is a possibility, I didn't test it!

> i just know nano to edit it
> can i make the file in other machine win,  name it xorg.conf
> and then with a pendrive put it in the debian machine?
>
> cp [source] /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> what is the source path [source] for a  pendrive?

if you stick the pendrive and then

# dmesg | tail

you will see the "name" the system gave your pendrive's partition,
usually /dev/sdb1.

to gain access to that partition you have to do something like:

# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/pendrive (this directory must be
created with # mkdir /mnt/pendrive)

> sergio

cheers,

--