Re: death keyboard on powerbook g4 after an update of xkb-data -> 1.3-1

* Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> [2008-06-11 09:57:46 CEST]:
> > Or do you mean that XkbModel macintosh would behave more like on
> > MacOS and have the @ on alt-l?
>
> I understand your personal preference, but I suspect most people will
> prefer the keymap to match what's physically printed on the keyboard by
> default.

 Hmm, sorry to be nitpicking, but the @ is the only character that is
actually printed on the keyboard ;)  None of the other special
characters are printed, and I know if even more heavier Mac users
regularly looking for where \ is hidden now again.

 But yes, you are right, it's a personal preference, and it's a PC
centric view. People coming from the Mac world of course should choose
macintosh as XkbModel.

 Hmm, speaking of keyboard layouts - does mac kernels have something
similar to the sysreq key that I am used from the PC world? If so,
which key sequence is that?

 So long,
Rhonda