Re: death keyboard on powerbook g4 after an update of xkb-data -> 1.3-1

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 17:09 +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Sebastien G <sebas-listes@koumbit.org> [2008-06-10 04:32:29 CEST]:
> > I'm on a PowerBook5,6 g4 @1667mhz running lenny yesterday I upgraded
> > xkb-data 1.2~cvs.20080501.1-1 -> 1.3-1 since then, my internal keyboard
> > is not regoncized by X.
>  If you wouldn't have left #debianppc so quickly again you would have
> received responses along the line suggesting using XkbModel pc10x
> instead of macintosh. The very same always worked for me without any
> problems. I know that dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does also speak of
> that macintosh model, but like said, never had any troubles using pc10x
> (pc105 in my case, German layout - you propably would like to use pc104
> instead).

Apple keyboards have slightly different layouts than standard PC
keyboards. If there is a problem with XkbModel "macintosh" (haven't had
any since basically forever), it would be better to report that and get
it fixed than to tell people to use pc10x.