Re: death keyboard on powerbook g4 after an update of xkb-data -> 1.3-1

* Sebastien G <sebas-listes@koumbit.org> [2008-06-10 04:32:29 CEST]:
> I'm on a PowerBook5,6 g4 @1667mhz running lenny yesterday I upgraded
> xkb-data 1.2~cvs.20080501.1-1 -> 1.3-1 since then, my internal keyboard
> is not regoncized by X.

 If you wouldn't have left #debianppc so quickly again you would have
received responses along the line suggesting using XkbModel pc10x
instead of macintosh. The very same always worked for me without any
problems. I know that dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does also speak of
that macintosh model, but like said, never had any troubles using pc10x
(pc105 in my case, German layout - you propably would like to use pc104
instead).

> Here is a bit of my xorg.conf
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "ca(multi),us"
> #        Option          "XkbVariant"    "mac_nodeadkeys"
>         Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
> EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:rwin_switch"
EndSection

 So long,
Rhonda