Re: How to unlock a hfs partition?

* Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell@gmail.com> <
> [2007-12-13]:
>  On Dec 12, 2007 12:33 AM, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 the mental interface of
> > Ennio-Sr told:
> >

>  [cut]

>  If you are not having luck with (or cannot run) the Apple utilities, I
>  have SOMETIMES had some luck using a combination of hfsplus
>  http://packages.debian.org/source/hfsplus and the other, more lower
>  level utilities.
>
>  The syntax and usage of hfsplus is odd -- you don't mount the
>  filesystem onto the standard tree, and you mount, umount and check the
>  filesystem using hpmount, hpumount, and hpfsck commands.
>
>  If nothing else, hpmount MAY let you mount the volume and hpcopy may
>  copy the files, but I believe the functions are exposed only to the
>  command line interface and you cannot, for example, use that utility
>  to mount a volume in Konqueror or Gnome.

Nope! I tried all of them, excep hfsprogs (it's in 'unstable') and seems
to be having some problems (see older posts).
What seems strange to me is that checking the hfs partition with
(MacOS9) Disk First Aid doesn't evidence any problem on it.
May be it has something to do with that partition having been once 'shared'
on the private net?

Thanks to all who answered. Regards,
	Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.    \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)