Re: How to unlock a hfs partition?

At Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:07:56 +0100,
Ennio-Sr wrote:

> Hi Ruben,
>
> thanks for your reply. However your cure wasn't enough ;(
> Maybe because the dual-boot is with Mac OS9 (instead of OSX)!?
> Although after booting OS9 I exit regularly, when I try again the
> mouning from linux i still get:
>
> "hfs: filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running fsck.hfs is
>
> BTW, 'fsck.hfs' is nowhere to be found (but I downloaded and ran
> hfsplus).
>
> Perhaps the lock has anything to do with 'file sharing' on OS9?
>
> Regards,
> 	Ennio

Sorry, I had HFS+ in mind instead of HFS. I use HFS+ myself and I've
had the same issue with it and, in my case, rebooting into OSX solves
the problem, because OSX checks the file system on boot and marks it
as 'clean'. And, regarding the other mails, I did switch off
journaling for my shared HFS+ partition (on purpose to be able to use
it on the linux side).

I'm afraid I can't offer much help with HFS and OS9...

fsck.hfs is included in the "hfsprogs" package, but I don't have any
experience with it.

Ruben