Re: How to unlock a hfs partition?

* Ruben Vandeginste <snowbender@gmail.com> <
> [2007-12-10]:
>
>  At Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:49:49 +0100, Ennio-Sr wrote:
> >
> > [using  2.6.18-5-powerpc  GNU/Linux on a iBool]
> > [...]
>
>  Since you have a hfs partition, I assume you have a dual-boot with
>  OSX?
>
>  In that case, simply boot in OSX: the file system will be checked and
>  unlocked.  After reboot in linux, you will be able to mount it
>  read-write.
>
>  Ruben

Hi Ruben,

thanks for your reply. However your cure wasn't enough ;(
Maybe because the dual-boot is with Mac OS9 (instead of OSX)!?
Although after booting OS9 I exit regularly, when I try again the
mouning from linux i still get:

"hfs: filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running fsck.hfs is

BTW, 'fsck.hfs' is nowhere to be found (but I downloaded and ran
hfsplus).

Perhaps the lock has anything to do with 'file sharing' on OS9?

Regards,
	Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.    \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)